Refunds and Returns Policy
Sussex Inlet Stand Up Paddle
Lessons and Activities
Clients will obtain a refund or credit if:
1. the client notifies the ASI Accredited school 24 hours prior to the time of the activity.
2. the Instructor cancels the activity due to unsuitable or dangerous conditions.
Note – no refund will be offered if it rains.
If water and weather conditions become unsafe during the activity, the instructor may modify the activity and undertake activities on the shore rather than in the water, or the activity may be rescheduled for another time.
If the client has paid for a block of lessons at a discounted price, the refund will be based on the total amount paid less the lessons already delivered calculated at the undiscounted lesson price.
No refund is offered if the client refuses to comply with the ASI Accredited School policy and the Instructor determines the client cannot participate in the activity (e.g. client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
If the client advises the Instructor of a medical condition such that the Instructor decides that it would be unsafe for the client to participate in the activity, a full refund will be offered.
If the Instructor becomes aware of a client’s medical condition after the lesson has commenced, such that the Instructor determines it is unsafe for the client to continue in the activity, no refund will be offered.
Gift vouchers must be used by expiry date unless other arrangements have been made. No refund is offered once the gift voucher has been purchased however the gift vouchers are transferable to other people.
The client will obtain a refund is they notify the ASI Accredited School 24 hours prior to the time of the hire. No refund will be made once the client has paid for and taken delivery of the hire equipment.
Up to 30 days from date of purchase the client can:
1. obtain a 100% refund for products purchased should they be damaged or faulty.
2. exchange products that are unsuitable.
Clients can obtain a refund or credit if:
1. the client notifies the ASI Accredited School 5 days prior to the time of the tour. An administration fee of 20% may be charged.
2. the ASI Accredited School cancels the tour.
Complaints Policy Procedure
The ASI Accredited School is committed to effectively, efficiently, promptly and fairly handling all complaints about its services and products.
Any complaint will be treated seriously, investigated thoroughly and dealt with according to the merit of the complaint.
The circumstances and results of any complaint investigation will be analysed thoroughly by senior management and acted on appropriately so as to improve the relevant ASI School functions and remove any grounds for future complaints.
Clients may make a complaint by telephone or in writing to:
The Chief Executive Officer at Sussex Inlet Stand Up Paddle
Postal Address: 9 Myrniong Grove Berrara NSW 2540
The Director (Education) at the
Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI) Head Office Australia
Phone: +61 2 9365 4170
Recording and Resolution of the Complaint
1. The ASI Accredited School is notified of the complaint.
2. All complaints are recorded on the Client Complaint form
3. The ASI Accredited School investigates the complaint.
4. Clients are notified in writing of the outcome of the complaint within 60 days from the time of receiving the complaint.
5. All complaint information is filed on the Complaints File
1. Should the client not be satisfied, then the client can seek arbitration by a third party acceptable to all parties to the grievance.
2. If the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 60 days from the occurrence of the complaint, the client may request the ASI Accredited School to seek the services of a third party.
3. Arbitration will be undertaken when both the ASI Accredited School and the client agree on a third party.
4. If the complaint/grievance is still unresolved, the client will be advised of external organisations of appeal.